What You’ll Be Doing
To provide clear detailing and direction to our staff based on client needs, while maximizing revenues and managing event expenses. Special Events Manager will oversee the total guest experience for each client; establishing; maintaining a presence at the majority of events in accordance with the Greenleaf Hospitality Group standards.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
May include, but not limited to:
- Work with GM (Event Sales) to secure, contract, detail and execute Special Events
- Manage and detail all special events
- Create Production sheets for all departments to understand event needs.
- Supervising associates, scheduling, training, and engagement
- Responsible for managing Venue Ops. This is our events calendar, production sheet system, billing and customer database.
- Have a basic understanding and working knowledge of our Ticketing System and box office operations. Fostering a great relationship with the Box Office Manager is critical.
- Thorough knowledge of the property and the amenities of what Wings Event Center offers
- Ability to work with others to collaborate, innovate and strive for constant improvement.
- Working with local organizations in our community to develop relationships and foster new business opportunities.
- Understand expectation of private sales function to include contractual obligation of guest, enforcement of contract, and accounting for all parties at event completion
- On site contact for all events (At times an intern or other manager may fill in)
- Understand Special Events goals and objectives by reviewing progress against plans weekly and taking required mid-course corrections.
- Properly executing the basic functions of communication for clients needs by establishing/following the proper processes.
- Develop marketing initiatives for new events, current events and some F&B promotional items in collaboration with the GM, F&B Manager and the marketing team. Monitor all social media and web presence for our events and make strategic adjustments as needed.
- Develops cross functional collaboration by coordinating actions with the unit managers working closely with the 3rd party staff to surpass the needs of the guest.
- Builds high value company image by presenting a high value added product to the client; collaborating with customers and community organizations; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Sustains World Class service quality and wow guest experience by being personally responsible for high service quality standards.
- Establishes & sustains key, cross functional, customer focused processes by continuously reviewing the capability of processes developed and employed by all departments to achieve quality standards; monitoring customer feedback; attending and participating in scheduled BEO and productions sheet meetings; participating in pre-and post-con meetings with clients; insisting on continuous improvement practices for all functions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies and bringing knowledge and innovative ideas to the team at the Radisson.
- Establishes and sustains community and industry relationships by networking with key community and industry stakeholders; joining, attending and participating in community and industry organizations that promote the growth of the community and industry.
- Resolves customer issues to sustain long term guest engagement by invoking the 100% guarantee as necessary and making improvement recommendations to management.