What You’ll Be Doing
Oversee the Convention Services team dedicated to curating exceptional guest experiences while supporting Greenleaf Hospitality Group’s vision, mission, and core values and maximizing profit. Support the Director of Events and Sales Services with all strategies to accomplish departmental goals.
- Responsible for high profile and/or selected groups of value and importance to the hotel as determined by the Director of Event Sales and Services, performing all convention services duties.
- Lead, mentor and train Convention Services team in their roles, responsibilities, and career development.
- Cultivate a psychologically safe work environment in which the Convention Services team is motivated and productive.
- Responsible for ensuring seamless turnover process between Sales and Convention Services.
- Partner with the Sales Team to establish long term relationships with new and existing clients.
- Work with the Director of Event Sales and Services, Executive Chef, and Audio Visual Manager to develop and update menus and offerings to fit clients’ needs, current trends, and profit objectives.
- Monitor local, regional, and industry trends to ensure that Greenleaf Hospitality Group remains the Southwest Michigan trend leader.
- Meet with the Director of Event Sales and Services bi-weekly to review upcoming events, forecasts, create and review progress on objectives, etc.
- Recommend improvements in products and services by continuously seeking and evaluating guest feedback.
- Foster continuous improvement in all areas of Event Sales and Services.
- Resolve guest issues to sustain long term guest engagement by employing the Greenleaf Hospitality Group problem solving methods, invoking the 100% guarantee as necessary and making improvement recommendations to leadership.
- Verify and maintain the accuracy of information in the CRM system, online third party sites, meeting and event planners’ information including all collateral and facility guidelines as well as the Radisson Plaza Hotel and Radisson Catering online presence.
- Represent the Convention Services department at recurring meetings impactful to the department.
- Create and sustain positive interactions with all Greenleaf Hospitality Group employees, third party vendors, and guests by being a promoter of the Greenleaf Hospitality Group’s vision, mission and core values.
- Assist the Director of Event Sales and Services with developing annual strategic Convention Services business plans, capital projects, and budgets to achieve goals and objectives for year over year revenue, profit, and service level gains.
- Identify, develop, and implement projects that drive forward the business goals and objectives.
- Assist and direct the management of revenues and the development of new revenue sources by Convention Services Team.
- Forecast monthly food, beverage, room rental, av, and miscellaneous revenue.
- Assist the Director of Event Sales & Services in creating an accurate yearly budget for Banquets, Catering, and Audio Visual.
- Verify that all standard operational policies and procedures are maintained throughout the convention services operation.
- Establish and sustain community and industry relationships by networking with key community and industry stakeholders.