What You’ll Be Doing
The Aquatics and Youth Activities Manager is a multifaceted role responsible for overseeing aquatic programs and childcare services within the club. This position involves managing staff, ensuring safety and compliance, developing engaging programs, and creating a positive experience for both members and their families.
- Provide effective leadership to both the aquatics and childcare teams, including lifeguards, swim instructors, childcare staff, and support staff.
- Recruit, train, and supervise staff in both departments, conducting regular performance evaluations.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive aquatics program, including swim lessons, water fitness classes, and recreational swim activities.
- Create a diverse and engaging schedule of aquatic events to accommodate members of all ages and skill levels.
- Establish and enforce safety protocols and procedures to ensure a safe aquatic environment.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations related to aquatic facilities and programs.
- Develop and oversee a high-quality childcare program that aligns with the needs of club members.
- Create a variety of childcare activities and events, ensuring a safe and nurturing environment for children.
- Implement and enforce safety and hygiene standards within the childcare facilities.
- Ensure compliance, regulations and any other applicable childcare standards.
- Oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of both aquatic and childcare facilities, ensuring they meet safety and quality standards.
- Collaborate with the facility management team to address maintenance needs and improvements.
- Build positive relationships with members, addressing their needs and concerns related to both aquatics and childcare programs.
- Develop and manage the budgets for both aquatics and childcare departments, ensuring financial goals are met.
- Maximize revenue through program fees, private lessons, and special events in both areas.
- Collaborate with marketing to promote events and increase member participation.
- Oversee the hiring and training of qualified swim instructors, lifeguards, childcare providers, and staff.
- Prepare regular reports on program participation, financial performance, and member feedback for both aquatics and childcare.
- Analyze data to identify trends and opportunities for improvement in both areas.